Munch Chunky Issue 1a








































































NEXT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I’m finally going to tell this story. 
Not in the way I had wanted to a few months back 
(which was animated) 
but the way I had originally conceived the project in 2001, as a comic book.

I learned a lot about storytelling and pacing when I decided to make Munch Chunky into an animated series. 
I could get away with things that would fall apart in a comic book scenario. 
Because of that, I had to change the beginning of the story 
and the way it plays out for the comic.

Another of my problems was my limitations in animating. 
I only know how to animate so many things, and I often hit walls 
I couldn't get around. 
In comic book form I hit a lot less walls with the images being fixed. 
It’s hard to explain, but what it came down to in the end wasn’t the expense of animation, 
but the time. 
I’m able to commit the same amount of time to the comic form as the animated form, 
but i yield more story from it, 
for my effort.

and ultimately I just really want to tell my stories, 
and I can’t let the process of building the body of that work be 
the part that breaks down the ability for the story to be told 
consistently and fluidly.


Popular posts from this blog

Myth of Eustro Chapter Eighteen

Myth of Eustro Chapter Sixteen